FTGH (you come get): VAXstation 100 terminals

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 10:59:07 CST 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Stefan Skoglund via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> > On Mar 5, 2017, at 11:56 PM, Cameron Kaiser via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I picked these up as part of an estate liquidation, but I don't have a
>> > Unibus setup to run them...

> Which kinds of VAXen can accept the terminal server card ?

Given that they come from 1984 or so, they should work with the
11/780, 11/785, 11/750, 11/730, 11/725, and probably later VAXen with
a Unibus.  What's less clear to me is how long the drivers were
supported.  IIRC, the docs on Bitsavers mention support for VMS 3.x.
I would rather expect support through VMS 4.X, but I wouldn't count on
an SMP-friendly driver for VMS 5.X and newer unless support was
specifically mentioned on the SPD.  A lot of older stuff didn't get
brought forward with VMS 5.X drivers.

-ethan