Tektronix Terminal Emulation

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 21:00:43 CST 2017

I'm trying to return to the computing days of yesteryear when people
hooked graphics terminals to VAXes.

I don't have a Tektronix graphics terminal but I do have a MicroVax II
and a laptop running Debian Linux.  Up to now I've been using the laptop
as a console device and connecting to the Vax using minicom.  I thought
that the laptop would be a natural as a Tektronix type terminal.

On the MicroVax I have just started with PGPLOT and MIIPS, which are
scientific plotting packages that run on Vaxes.

I would like to use the laptop to emulate a Tek terminal connected to
the Vax through a serial port, but there doesn't seem to be anything
available to do that.  Does anyone know of such a thing?

Doug