Looking for cassete basic rom code

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 15:22:27 CDT 2017

On Mar 19, 2017 12:47 PM, "Adam Sampson via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Alexandre Souza via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> writes:
>
> > I lost my XT BASIC ROMS, can someone send me the code so I can burn it
> > and replace on my XT?
>
> minuszerodegrees.net has several versions of the XT ROM images, along
> with lots of other useful service information for PC/XT/AT machines:
>
> http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/bios/bios.htm
>
> --
> Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>

Has anyone made a ROM that runs BASIC and allows use of the disk drive to
save on an IBM PC?  This always bugged me that if you forgot to insert your
dos disk before the computer powered up that one could not enter a basic
command to tell the system to boot up from the drive without
ctrl-alt-delete and wait....or to boot from the b drive, etc.

Bill Degnan
twitter: billdeg
vintagecomputer.net