Timesharing/multiuser BASIC for MC68K

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Mar 20 17:38:38 CDT 2017

On 3/20/2017 2:20 PM, Joseph Zatarski via cctalk wrote:
> More info on the hardware I'm using is available here:
> https://hackaday.io/project/6150-beckman-du600-reverse-engineering
I have a copy of Diab and MQX that would run on it if you have the full
docs.  the 68332 was a nice micro
that was used in several projects I worked on.  The first one I used an
ice box that was a crude affair
done by an operation in Massachusetts, which allowed in circuit testing
via on chip facilities.

Their development compiler was essentially GCC with a chip startup to
set up the rom, ram etc. registers,
then transfer control to the first instruction of main().

Diab is much like that with a cc setup that prepares the processor, but
the MQX goes and runs much like
your OS sounds.  it is initially fixed number of tasks, but can add
tasks, etc.  Not really a timeshare type
system, but a pretty powerful embedded OS of course.

I have several boxes with the 68332 and will have to see if your gizmo
would come up and run on it.  I'd
need to figure out how to get either an ethernet stack (there are some
out there), or something to
get to a serial mux from our hardware though.  I think we have 2mb, and
1mb rom though.  Also a
very nice ASIC which was the reason for the hardware.

Nice project
thanks
Jim