Suggestions why SCSI 80 drive w/ SCSI2 (50) adapter will not spin up ?

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:22:02 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Pete Lancashire via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Found at least one issue, open trace next to a via on the adapter. Ran out
> of time to keep checking.
>
> -pete

I just checked my HP 9000/382 and found I put the dead original
Quantum 50-pin SCSI hard drive back in it. I must have been using a
68-pin 9GB SCSI hard drive the last time I was tinkering with it, with
a 50-pin male / 68-pin male adapter. I don't remember having any
issues with that configuration.

I did a clean install of HP-UX 9.10 on my 9000/382 from a B2378-87054
CD image I got from hpmuseum.net

http://hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=525