[VideoMagia] Reparando um Vectrex

Geoffrey Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:14:28 CDT 2017

Not sure how it worked on the Vectrex, but I am familiar with Atari vector
arcade games (used to own a Tempest and Asteroids machine). In them, they
used a display controller that utilized a display list of coordinates,
colors, etc and IIRC it even had the ability to do jumps, etc.... probably
similar in concept to how the CTIA/GTIA would work on the Atari home
computers with their display lists. Certainly a lot less data to write than
a framebuffer or pattern-generated display. In the case of the Asteroids
game, it's resolution was around 1024x800ish, pretty high res for the day.

I can imagine that they employed a similar vector generator on the Vectrex.