Trip to CHM - Hotel/Restaurant Advice

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Mar 30 22:04:43 CDT 2017

On 3/30/2017 6:58 PM, CuriousMarc via cctalk wrote:
> Beware, the Museum is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Live demos of the IBM 1401 are on Wednesdays 3 pm and Saturdays 11 am. The PDP-1 is demoed more rarely, on some Saturdays in the afternoon. More details here:
> http://www.computerhistory.org/hours/
Marc,
I'll also look you up if we are there mid week.

As to recommendations, I like the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in
Sunnyvale, which is at Ca 237 and Caribbean.  If you run around by the
bay is Weird Stuff, and it is about 2 or so miles from the CHM.  At 237
Caribbean becomes Lawrence which is a handy road since you can easily
get to Halted for another stop.  Their new spot is quite a bit better
stocked than the original location.

I'm not sure Fry's is worth a stop, unless you don't have one and want
to see what they have.

Country Inn
1300 Chesapeake Terrace, Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Charles might chime in about the place he stayed while here for VCF if
he sees this, that hotel seemed good, though I don't recall where it was.

I really like Tomatina's for Italian, though it's a drive.  We stumbled
across it and were highly impressed with the food.
3127 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054

I'm in Southern, Ca, and travel up there a time or two a year, FWIW.
Thanks
Jim