Vaxstation 3100 of odd sort on epay

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue May 2 20:37:32 CDT 2017

    > From: Jim Stephens

    > I'm interested in whether this is a wound down or ongoing Dec material
    > operation, or the operation of an e waste recycler.
    > Vendor name on ebay is EFI. May have other aliases.

Oh, Efi! All hardened DEC collectors know about Efi (well, many of us do :-).
They are indeed an ewaste recycler. Good people. The company name is ComUsed
and/or TopLine. They used to be in Silver Spring (the place was the
personification of 'gomi' from "Neuromancer" :-), but it got too small, so
they moved. (Sniff. I miss the old place!)

They got started on DEC stuff when they bought some DEC collector's entire
collection after that person passed; most of that's long gone (it's been
_thoroughly_ picked over :-), but they occasionally get more DEC stuff.

	Noel