Re: Extracting files off “unknown” 8 inch disks. Any thoughts…

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:16:36 CDT 2017

After looking at all that...

The prompt is VMS the $.  The date makes it V3.6 to 4.2.
I'd still bet that its Files-11 not ODS-II.

I'd have to check of the DCL prompt under RSX-11 is also $.

Either way the save command under VMS will have defaults for the device
target
and that a lookup on the Orange or Grey wall (manuals).

Allison