Philips Training Manual Introduction to Magnetic Disk Drives

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sat May 6 13:35:29 CDT 2017

Hi All,

For all who missed the 1980's technical details of diskdrives or lost
the details in the mean time, I just put the "Training Manual
Introduction to Magnetic Disk Drives" online which Philips provided in
1987 as part of a Field Training. The rest of the documentation are
technical manuals of disk drives like the Shugart SA455/456, SA400L,
SA800/801 and CDC 9406. Assuming those are available, so I won't scan them

This manual covers floppy drives and hard disks, the latter with ST506
and SMD interfaces.

http://electrickery.xs4all.nl/comp/divcomp/doc/TM_AItMDD.pdf
http://electrickery.hosting.philpem.me.uk/comp/divcomp/doc/TM_AItMDD.pdf

Enjoy & greetings,