110 Baud modem

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue May 9 15:31:11 CDT 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Brent Hilpert via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On 2017-May-09, at 9:06 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> Looking at this documents:
>>
>> http://www.samhallas.co.uk/repository/telegraph/data_set_101c.pdf

What a find.  Thank you!

> I've looked at one of these modems in the bottom of a 33 although not examined it in great depth.

I've got a 101C in the bottom of an ASR33 I got at Dayton many, many
years ago.  I have no idea how any of it works at the detail level (I
get how it works at the system level).  Fortunately for me, it's never
required any deep fiddling.

The one thing I need to do is replace the touchtone keypad on that
ASR33 - I removed it many years ago and failed to document it
sufficiently to just "put it back".  I can probably figure out about
80% of it from obvious signs (like which screw terminals are lifted
and empty), but even before I begin, I have 2 loose touchtone keypads
from the same era with different numbers of wires and I didn't mark
the one from the ASR33 (the other is from a Western Electric
telephone).

The 101C Data Set, though, is, to me, a large aluminum clad box of
mystery in the ASR33 pedestal.

-ethan