Ethernet 1973/1974

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Tue May 16 22:47:45 CDT 2017

Al just recently put this up on Bitsavers, November 1974 drawings for the first 2.94MHz Ethernet transceiver: http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/xerox/alto/ethernet/Ethernet_Transceiver_Electrical_Characteristics.pdf

Neat to see the 15 pin AUI to Thicknet transceiver (well, a lower bandwidth version of the 10MHz ones I grew up with) drawn out so clearly. Also shows something I've never seen in real life, an "Ethernet Dummy Transceiver" which is, I guess, something like a two-port DELNI ? (obviously showing my DEC introduction to AUI Ethernet there.)

Tim