BBS software for the PDP 11

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri May 19 02:59:48 CDT 2017

On Thu, 18 May 2017, Lyle Bickley wrote:
> I run BSD 2.9 on my 11/34C (w/max. mem.) & DZ using (2) RL02s with up to
> three TTY sessions. It's a bit "sluggish" (by today's standards). TSX

I have a similar setup with our 11/34. 2.9BSD on one RL01 as root/swap,
the rest (/usr etc.) on a RA80 (with the backported MSCP driver); also a
couple of TTY lines. It's not the fastest system, and the kernel uses
overlays like crazy ;-) But hey, it runs...
I still have to add the cache and FPP boards and see how that improves the
performance.

Christian