Digression - Ah Yes!! The PDP-10

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 06:07:08 CDT 2017

On 10/25/17 5:18 PM, Rob Jarratt via cctech wrote:

> [...]
My experience with DEC PDP-10 is 1970-71, the BOCES LIRCs system.
A PDP01 and PDP-8I (the timeshare system from the year before).
It was a timeshare system spanning two counties with over 300
highschool users.  Actual loads ran from about 150 to as high as
300 where all the terminal lines and concentrater lines were in use.
Most were 100baud though at the site there were 8 lines at as high
as 4800.  Spent my time as user and part time system monitor at
the site.   My favorite terminal then was a Hazeltine H1000 class TTY.

The processor was the first version a KA10 with 64kwords of core initially
and later 128K with an added 128K swapping drum.  OS was TOPS 10.

Really liked the machine and it was pretty to look at with the programmers
console.  Favorite core location to watch was 150Q.

Allison