HP 900 model 300 monitor

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Oct 1 02:50:57 CDT 2017

On 10/1/2017 12:24 AM, devin davison via cctalk wrote:
> I found another HP machine at the scrapyard today. I have another
> similar model that boots up to HP basic. I do not see an exact model
> number anywhere on it, all i see is Hp 9000/300 on the front. It
> appears similar to the other machine i have, although this machine
> lacks the vga port and has what looks to be just a composite port
> marked Video. I have not managed to get it working with any of my
> monitors. All the nicer lcd monitors i have around here just say no
> signal. I tried a sony crt monitor, one that is usually my go to for
> when my lcd monitors do not work. When connected to a composite jack i
> definitely see something somewhat resembling a boot up screen with
> letters, but out of focus/sync and un readable.
>
> Does anyone out there know of what kind of video this thing puts out
> and what kind of monitor i would need?
>
> The model i have is as seen in the picture on this page at the Hp
> computer museum
>
> http://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?class=1&cat=40
>
> --Devin
We had similar Precision Architecture machines (in appearance), but the
monitor and keyboard would have actually been an HP ascii terminal,
connected via serial.  no video.

I'm not familiar with the 68000 line your links list.

Also no matter about that guess, the second box has disk drives which
are essential to make it run anything much.
thanks
jim