That Tek 405x QIC Tape.

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Tue Oct 3 10:06:05 CDT 2017

On 10/3/17 2:50 AM, Jos Dreesen via cctalk wrote:

> Al is maintaining a set of ROM images for these machines, are tape images covered somewhere  ?
> Do we have an fixed tape image format, as has been done with Dave's IMD for floppies ?

As far as I know, no one has successfully made a copy of a Tek cartridge tape in an image format.
The tapes use two tracks, one for clock and one for data. Encoding beyond that has not been determined.
I still have several boxes of these including ones that are supposed to have Battlestar Galatica data
but I have bigger projects to deal with right now.