SGI Indigo Power Supply Pinout?

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Sat Apr 7 23:18:37 CDT 2018

Howdy,

  Working on fixing an old SGI Indigo of mine in prep for VCF East.

  The issue is once any sort of IRIX kernel is running, it craps out
WARNING: Power Failure Detected at a high rate.

  The SGI Indigo and a few other similar models could push out
that error on the local console and perhaps network inbetween the time
that AC power was lost going into the power supply and the power supply
had discharged enough for system to die. Pretty impressive and strange!
I was amazed when I first noticed it, of course now it has come back to
haunt me.

  I have replaced some of the electrolytic caps in the power supply.

  But in the spirit of troubleshooting, does anyone have any sort of
schematics or documentation on the power supply, or the midplane?

  This is a R4000 Indigo and has the higher output power supply to support
bigger CPU and graphics.

  In the meantime I'm working to document what I can about the power
connector and will publish, but I can only get so far without other
insight.

  Thanks

--
: Ethan O'Toole