CMOS for NMOS

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Sun Apr 15 09:25:57 CDT 2018

I'm pondering upgrading the CPU of a Pacccomm Tiny-2 Mk2 radio packet
controller from a 6Mhz Z80 processor and SIO to 10Mhz parts.  My problem
is that the parts already in it appear to be NMOS.  The family is still
being made by Zilog, but for 10Mhz parts, CMOS is all they have.  Can I
just drop in CMOS, change out the crystal/oscillator and have things work
as expected?

Here's what are fitted to my TNC.

Z84C00BB6
Z80BCPU