RL Drive Terminators

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:07:05 CDT 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I see some company selling them on eBay for $122.  Are they really worth
> anything like that?

I would hope they sell for less, but if they can get buyers then
that's the current price.  It's not like there's an abundant source of
NOS or anyone making them now.

> I have a couple sitting around here somewhere that I
> don't expect to ever use again.  Just wondering if they are worth looking
> for to sell.

You can always list them and see if you get buyers.  For me, for over
$100, I'm inclined to make some new ones - I have a box of cable ends
from a departed friend who used to make and repair DEC cables.  I
don't happen to have a reel of the right cable (12-pair plus drain,
IIRC) and it's not cheap to buy (multiple dollars per foot, IIRC) so
I'm not likely to turn the ends back into whole cables.  I don't know
where to get the right resistor pack from, but Vince Slyngstad has
this project which would likely work quite well...

http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/Eagle/projects/DEC/RL0x/terminator/

-ethan