USB Panda Display for klh10 help

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Sat Apr 21 11:12:33 CDT 2018

I couple years ago I completed the design for my USB Panda Display[1]
board.  This is a modernization of the original Panda Display once
distributed by Spare Time Gizmos[2].  Both devices are intended to be
connected to a more-or-less modern x86-class computer running the klh-10
pdp10 emulator and provide useful blinkenlights.  The development of klh10
is once again active, this time on Github[3].  I created my own repo of
klh10 as a means of writing support for my new Panda Display.  The
display seems to be recognized and used, but what it displays is
meaningless.  I cannot fully test it until I can get the old test program
compiled and working.  Once that's done, I'll add my changes to the
PDP-10/klh10 repo and delete my own.

Here's a video of a computer with the old Panda Display running klh10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_LcQ5apODg.  The creator of that video,
Jan de Rie, got the program that was used to generate that pattern from
Mark Crispin, the creator of the Panda distribution of klh10.  That
program appears at the end of this post.

I'm looking for someone who knows TOPS10 / TOPS20 well enough to figure
out for me why this test program won't compile.  Once that's done, I can
complete the firmware for the USB Panda Display an its support within
klh10.  I'll then make more copies of the USB Panda Display board (and
maybe overlays) for whoever wants them.

         TITLE HACK
         SEARCH MONSYM

HACK:   SKIPA 4,[^D4]