Rick Dickinson, ZX Spectrum designer, RIP

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:55:28 CDT 2018

There was a very large Timex 1000 / ZX81 user base in the US.  I have quite
a lot of newsletters and documents from these groups. I even did an exhibit
on the subject of SIGs for the Timex 1000 ZX81 at VCF MW a few years ago.
  You can see stacks of newsletters in stands flanking the machines and
tapes.

http://vintagecomputer.net/vcfmw-ECCC_2010/SinclairSIG/

Personally, the $99 Timex 1000 was the only computer I could have afforded
back then.  Schools had Apple II's but not so many people in their homes
then, at least where I lived.

Bill