Restoring rubber keyboard on a logic analyzer

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 22:44:28 CDT 2018

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 11:29 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
>
>> So that's the answer: graphite powder.  I now have a working analyzer
>> again.  It will be interesting to see if the graphite wears off
>> eventually, I suppose it might but that's ok, I can just do it again.
>
>  Many years ago I used graphite obtained from a soft pencil to revive
> rubber keyboard pads and from my observation it wore rather quickly, in
> particular moving to the surface contact was made against.  I wonder if
> there is a non-industrial way to make graphite stay in place on rubber.

It's not cheap (and IIRC you have to use the whole lot in one go), but
Chemtronics make a kit to repair such keypads. Possibly worth it for
a useful instrument though.

In the UK you can get it here :

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/conductive-adhesives/3888673/

and I guess it's also available across the Pond.

-tony