ISO: Tape Seal Belts

Alan Frisbie Frisbie at Flying-Disk.com
Fri Aug 3 15:11:13 CDT 2018

Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

 > I'm looking for a small quantity of 10.5" half-inch reel tape seal
 > belts.  These are the things that almost everybody with a large
 > collection of tapes used to hang their half-inch tapes in racks made for
 > the purpose.

 > I can't seem to find anyone who is sitting on a pile of these.

You just found someone.

What color(s) would you like?

The only catch is that I am moving from Los Angeles to Oregon, and
they are on a moving van.   Seriously.   They just finished loading,
and the truck is still sitting in front of my house while the crew
cleans up.   They also loaded three tape racks and about 500 tapes.

I won't be following them to Oregon until September, and it may be
a few weeks before I can find and unpack one of the boxes (over 800).
E-Mail me after Labor Day and I'll see what I can dig out for you.
Be warned that I may not have my email server up and running right
away.

Long-distance moves can be "interesting" (and expensive) for someone
who is: A vintage computer enthusiast, an home shop machinist, and
a book fanatic, with a wife who shares my book "problem".  :-)
Examples include: A Century Data T302-RM disk drive, multiple DEC
H960 racks with TU56 DECtape drive, 9-track tape drives, etc.,
a Bridgeport CNC milling machine, two lathes, and lots more shop
equipment.   They ran out of axle weight capacity before they ran
out of space in the semi-trailer.

Alan "Packrat" Frisbie