German Translation, Serial Port?

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Thu Aug 9 20:39:57 CDT 2018

Hello friends. I need a translation from a German manual describing serial port parameters. I used google translate but it  doesn't quite give me the warm and fuzzy. Anyone here speak German? Here is what it says:

Betriebsart:  Asynchron 16
Zeichenlänge:  7 bit (mit Sperrschritt)
Parity: gerade
Länge Sperrschritt: 1 bit

Google says:
Operating mode: Asynchronous 16
Character length: 7 bit (with blocking step)
Parity: straight
Length of blocking step: 1 bit

First, anyone have any idea what Asynchronous 16 means? (async I get, but "16"?)
7 bit with blocking step. Could this mean 7 bit with stop bit?
Parity: straight. Could this mean odd or even?
Length of blocking step. Could this be number of stop bits?

I am attempting to translate some pages in this manual and would like to get this right (for others who may find this info useful).

Thank you!!! (or should I say Danke?!)

73 Eugene W2HX
PS. This is for an HF antenna coupler that can be controlled over a serial port.