P112 runs RSX-11

allison allisonportable at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 16:50:02 CST 2018

On 12/05/2018 05:00 PM, Torfinn Ingolfsen via cctalk wrote:
> There is a "contact" link on this page:
> http://p112.sourceforge.net/index.php?rsx180
> Maybe it works.
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:48 PM Al Kossow via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 12/4/18 7:51 AM, Dennis Boone via cctalk wrote:
>>>  > That's all I could find, too.  If anyone knows where the source might
>>>  > be or stumbles on it, I would definitely be interested as well.
>>>
>>> I think that's Hector Peraza's site.  His email address is listed; you
>>> could try writing to him.
>>>
>>> De
>>>
>> Subject: Re: Interested in a Z280 SBC
>> Posted by
>> hperaza
>>  on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:44:09 GMT
>> View Forum Message
>>  <>
>> Reply to Message
>> lowen wrote on Wed, 11 October 2017 06:44While I personally would like to see a bit more
>> coordination of efforts especially in the area of the C compiler, assembler, and emulator, I know of
>> several efforts by several people already underway.  I am very interested in the emulation side of
>> things, and even going as far as a VHDL or verilog core that could be used in an FPGA.  With the
>> annoying bugs fixed, of course!
>> Some of the bugs could even be emulated (if they are not of erratic nature, of course). That could
>> be useful in case someone wants to test a program on the FPGA version that is intended to work
>> on the real iron as well. The "compatibility" mode could be controlled by a bit in an additional CPU
>> control register.
>> Which brings up another question: is there any updated list somewhere of the known Z280 bugs?
>> So far the information available is rather fragmented and incomplete.
>> Quote:To all who are involved in doing a compiler, assembler, or emulator: I know you've probably
>> posted before, but I would like to get a list together of all of these efforts and see what
>> coordination might be possible.
>> OK, here is my list:
>>  native Z280 (macro)-assembler, preferably M80 or SLR compatible (currently working on that)
>> debugger (e.g. like DDTZ, but using the single-step capabilities of the chip) get UZI280 working
>> (haven't even looked at it yet) and add more utilities, etc. same for Fuzix port of MP/M better hard
>> disk support (e.g. via FDISK utility like the one for the P112, with automatic recognition of
>> partitions in CP/M and UZI so one will not have to change the BIOS every time partitions change)
>> better ROM setup? again taking the P112 as an example (i.e. adding disk timing parameters to
>> the NV RAM, if possible add a simple embedded debugger?) a Verilog or VHDL Z280 core,
>> perhaps taking T80 as the base. And if I really get the time, would like to make something like this,
>> so it could be plugged directly into the CPU280 CPU socket. and like Lamar I also have my own,
> [...]
I'd love to see source and to my eyes its the first really new OS on z80
family hardware
since the few from near the '80s.

I don't happen to have a P112 but versions for other hardware has me
interested.

I have S100 (Compupro, North*star, AmproLB+, SB180, BCC180, kaypros, and
more
than a few others.  Maybe I should crank a system using real late
version Z280s .

RSX (RT-11 and others) on PDP-11 is why I have a bunch of Qbus 11s as
they are
fairly small and friendly.

Allison