Opening RL02 disk pack

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Dec 7 02:48:54 CST 2018

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018, it was written
> I don't know that anyone did that back in the day - the pack cleaners
> I'm aware of had arms that wiped the top and bottom surfaces of the
> platter while the platter was still mounted inside the shell.  I know

Well I don't have an RL pack cleaner. And in my case it won't suffice, I
really need to access the top surface. There are some smudges that need
more thorough cleaning with some pressure that I can't apply with just
sticking in a swab or something from the side.

OTOH the top loading disk packs for our Nova 3 (6045 drive) can be
easily dismantled. I thought that the DEC packs would be similar but no,
DEC had to invent something different...

Christian