Core memory emulator using non volatile ram.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Dec 17 00:40:59 CST 2018

On 12/16/18 11:21 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

> If you simply want non-volatile memory, the obvious answer is SRAM with battery backup and a small FPGA to do the interfacing.

I proposed nvRAM - CMOS SRAM backed by cell-for-cell flash.  Loads SRAM
from flash on power-up and stores into flash at power-down.  All that's
needed is a capacitor to extend the power-down cycle a bit.

Very fast, available in 8 to 32-bit wide architectures, up to 16Mbit per
package.

Claims to be guaranteed for 1M power cycles and doesn't require a battery.

--Chuck