IF you need these old vintage parts, PLEASE grab them before the keyboard keids do!

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Tue Dec 18 08:47:15 CST 2018

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018, Evan Koblentz via cctalk wrote:
>> https://www.elecshopper.com/vintage-computers.html I really would rather
>> these go to someone who needs them to complete a system than to the
>> destroyers of keyboards.
>>
>> I am trying to get more of the vintage stuff listed. If you want to see
>> items as they are listed online, please turn on your RSS feeds.
>>
>> https://www.elecshopper.com/rss/
>
> How can you ask $75 for an untested Osborne keyboard?

Because the 'keyboard keids' will gleefully pay $75 for it. The market
would bear a considerably higher price and it appears Cindy is already
discounting it - one likes to think in the hopes a person who would
connect it to an Osborne would purchase it. At home we'd call this 'mates
rates'.

While I respect your view point, and I similarly get flustered at the
ridiculous prices that our hobby now commands due to "retro is cool", I
know you surely also appreciate that a business is a business - and
Electronics Plus is a business.

(I have no affiliation with EP personally, nor in fact have I ever
personally purchased from them, but am just a soul frustrated by ever
growing prices and appreciate a more reasonable price... for various
values of 'reasonable').

  - JP