More old stuff incoming

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Dec 19 09:20:16 CST 2018

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:

> So yes, there is a little bit of demand, I reckon. Not highly
> commercial, though.

There's enough of a market to support folks building replicas of the Adlib
sound card.  I've seen evidence of a Sound Blaster 1.0 replica - I think
they called it the "Snood Bloober 1.0". (I was right, here's a pic of it,
with a bonus Windows 95 memorial decal in the background:
https://twitter.com/foone/status/1056716740191604737?lang=en )

There's also Jonathan's XT-IDE card for adding "modern" mass storage to
PC/XT class machines.

If you dig into it, there's a little cottage industry for these little
life-extending upgrades for old machines.  It's kind of like the computer
industry making a full circle - people started companies building add-ons
in their kitchens in the 70's and 80's and now it's coming back to that
way again.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007