New takes on XT-IDE, a new FDC, and a new CM/S GAL WAS: RE: More old stuff incoming

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:10:11 CST 2018

That FDC is not an XT-IDE, it's a copy of Sergey Kiesev's XT-FDC
controller. The same seller also saw fit to "cost optimize" the open source
XT-IDE rev 4 and remove my copyright/site info. It's no great step forward,
it's merely a copy of someone else's work with no attribution.

The controller chip used on that FDC is the same as found on some Adaptec
AHA-15xx series cards, which have been the go-to for a long time on adding
FM support to PCs whose onboard controllers don't support it.

Thanks,
Jonathan