More old stuff incoming

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Dec 19 15:16:28 CST 2018

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> I always liked the PS/2 cases.  Just about every one I've seen is tool less
> down to, and sometimes including, the system planar (as IBM called it).

Typically unreliable source (my uncle who worked for IBM) said that the
reason that they REFUSED to call it a "motherboard" was due to some TV
news broadcasts from Merritt College where Black Panthers were saying "UP
AGAINST THE WALL, MOTHER!"
I was there.  They said 'motherfucker", not "mother".
(there was a New Yorker? cartoon with an elderly woman commenting that she
loved how they kept saying "mother")
Nevertheless, s'posedly it caused IBM to choose a different name.