WTD: 9 track open reel for PDP-11

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 13:30:55 CST 2018

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018, 13:23 Jason T via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 11:17 AM W2HX via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
> > Does anyone have a (preferably working) 9-track drive that can be used
> with a PDP-11 (like a pertec interface) for sale? Willing to drive anywhere
> from Philly to Boston for one.
>
> A bit out of your range, but if we can figure out transport, I have an
> AT&T-badged HP 9-track, with Pertec interface, that I've been trying
> to unload for years (they're heavy!)   It's yours if we can move it.
> It's clean and powers up and gets through self-test.  I have not had a
> compatible machine to actually read a tape on.
>
> I'm in 60070, near Chicago.

Hi Jason!

If this goes unclaimed, I'd be happy to give it a home. I've been trying to
find a time to get a few things from Jack Rubin too; not sure when that
will be yet. Probably after VCF SE.

I have a bunch of tapes from some Harris minicomputer that I'd like to
digitize at some point. I finally got around to digitizing the paper tapes.

Thanks!

Kyle