How to enable USB drives in both Windows 98SE AND MS-DOS 7.1.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Feb 7 22:22:29 CST 2018

I recall using these drivers several years ago.

As I recall, the problem is that they're not amenable to hot-swapping.
That is, is you're using a USB flash drive with them, there was no code
that allowed you to remove the drive and substitute another without
rebooting.

Has this situation changed?

On a related note, I have several Ralink RT5370 USB Wifi dongles that I
find to be quite useful.

Has anyone gotten one to work with Windows 98SE (I won't even bring up
MS-DOS)?

I wondered if I could find a Windows 2000 miniport driver for it, that
it might work in Windows 98.

--Chuck