PDP 11/05 - looking for help - looking for Jorg Hoppe?

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 06:43:35 CST 2018

Its not a slim line 11/505 is it, in which case you don't appear to need the
M9970.
If its not would it be possible to make an M9970. They appear to be just
passive

http://www.vintagecomputer.net/digital/pdp11-05/dec_M9970_BERG_BACKPLANE_CON
NECTOR.JPG

Or pick up the signals from the wire wrap as described here :-

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vmsnet.pdp-11/_FavYTL-5Bg

you can pick-up the signals fron the backplane, with a wire-wrap
tool.
send data+ 20ma-tty FE2
sent data- 20ma-tty FJ2
sent data ttl-level DF1
Gnd on DC2 and DT1
rec data+ 20ma-tty FN1
rec data- 20ma-tty FP1
rec data ttl-level FM1
Gnd on FC2 and FT1

Hope this helps. Just what I found by googling as I was curious as to what
an M9970 was

Dave