PDP11/03 BA-11M Front panel switch replacement

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Feb 26 20:41:51 CST 2018

On 02/26/2018 04:18 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> On 2/25/2018 10:40 PM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
>>>>
>> In general, many old switch patterns are still made.
>> Often, they have a manufacturer's name and part # on the
>> body of the switch. Some common makes from back then were
>> C&K and Alco.
>>
>> Jon
>
> Good advice, I went and looked at another box I had and
> the switches are indeed C&K models 7101 and 7108.  Looking
> on ebay since they are obsolete, finding the model with
> the paddle actuator will be the trick.

You should really get on Digi-Key or other distributor who
has a good web site and see if you can find a new model that
fits the same mounting hole and PC board pattern.  Even if
C&K obsoleted the exact model, they very likely still make a
compatible part. Digi-Key shows 408 items when I search on
"C&K 7101".  Some of those REALLY look like stuff I remember
in DEC equipment.

Jon