Last sun3 ask: In search of a SCSI controller (VME) for a 3/260

Ian ian.finder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 01:35:44 CST 2018

Folks, sorry for the Sun spam.

Everything was working in my newly acquired 3/260, and the monitor is even starting to shape up.

It was a gorgeous machine until I tried to use the SCSI bus on it.

The controller is dead, very dead. No fuses or obvious things.

No matter the device or chain... including the original disks.

“getbyte error, phase mismatch”

So again I plead- does anyone have a Sun 3 scsi controller, preferably of the internally pinned type, sitting on a shelf somewhere?

Thanks,

- Ian