Boot RXS

John Welch jcwelch at hal-pc.org
Mon Jan 1 09:32:26 CST 2018

Hello,
With the wonderful help of many you here I have revived a PDP11/04,
connected it to an RL02, and using PDP11GUI I have successfully imaged a
number of RL02 packs.  I found a copy of an RQ device that boots.  I can
attach my images and explore the contents with PIP so I believe the
transfer was good.

One of the packs was a system disk so I tried to boot it like this:
    PDP-11 simulator V3.8-2 (JH stdio telnet)
    sim> set cpu 11/93, 4M
    Disabling CR
    Disabling RK
    Disabling HK
    Disabling TM
    sim> set cpu idle
    sim> set rl0 rl02
    sim> attach rl0 RSX11-bu.rl02
    sim> b rl0

    SAV -- SOFTWARE CONFIGURED FOR ENABLE HARDWARE WHICH DOES NOT
RESPOND.  HALTED.
    HALT instruction, PC: 126272 (BR 126270)
    sim>

Does anyone have any hints on how I can guess what I need to add? The
original machine was and 11/34 (maybe a 11/34a) and had a multi-line
serial port setup.  All thoughts appreciated.

Sincerely,
John Welch
:qw