DEC H960 stabiliser feet. Have some questions.

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Tue Jan 2 20:24:17 CST 2018

I'm in need of some feet for my H960s and am intending to make a few pairs, so I thought I might
as well try and make them look close to the originals.
I have a few ideas on construction, for instance 3mm steel plate laser-cut and folded jigsaw fashion
then welded, or even simpler a basic welded steel bar with a 3D printed leg cap for asthetics.

I've been unsucessful in finding any closeup photos or drawings of these things so have used a diagram
from one of the 11/70 manuals which is the best I have so far. Thankfully they drew it in isometric so
it was easly to overdraw in CAD and project it to this:
    http://web.aanet.com.au/~malikoff/pdp11/DEC_H960_stabiliser_foot_left_A-H952-BA.jpg

I have some questions-
Does the (optional?) sheetmetal kickplate play any role in securing these legs to the frame?
Are the two front screws are only there to hold them on and there is some internal box section that goes
into the front of the channel on the rack to take the weight?
Is the outer side tapered? It looks straight.
If the foot a one piece casting (presumably) or fabricated in some way?
Is the foot pad thread in the centre of the front of the leg, and is it the same thread and pad as the H960?

Finally I would really appreciate if someone could run a digital caliper over one, and fill in my required
measurements A through Q in the above drawing. And if you have a radius guage that would really be great.

As usual, thanks for any help or advice.

Steve.