Sold on eBay: Convergent Technologies S/50 a.k.a. Unix PC, AT&T 3B1 Unix Workstation

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 21:06:23 CST 2018

Notice it has an AT&T mouse!!

bill

________________________________
From: cctalk <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org> on behalf of AJ Palmgren via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2018 10:02 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: Sold on eBay: Convergent Technologies S/50 a.k.a. Unix PC, AT&T 3B1 Unix Workstation

I'm just wondering if anybody here did (or knows who) bought this one.

http://ebay.to/2DaRr13

Even though these were all manufactured by Convergent Technologies, this
one is actually BRANDED by Convergent, as their model S/50.

And there's software included here. I tried to buy myself, but just missed
it.

I'd really like to connect with the buyer here, to see if we can do a more
expansive documentation project on this machine, as well as an archival of
the software that was included.

As far as I know, this is the only Convergent S/50 I've ever seen that has
survived, especially with all the CONVERGENT software and manuals (vs the
AT&T ones)!

Thanks!

-AJ
http://MightyFrame.com