CX laser printers (Was: Sun3 valuations?

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Mon Jan 22 17:06:36 CST 2018

On 01/22/2018 11:14, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> For a brief while, the LaserWriter was the fastest, most powerful
> computer in Apple's limeup.  If you are crazy enough, You can
> communicate directly with it and program in Postscript (similar to Forth)

Heck, it was faster than the Macs, PCs, and the VAX-11/750 we had! At
least for one storage-free job at a time.

A few of my fellow students (hello D Fischer) who fiddled with
Postscript would download jobs to compute and print fractals that would
run overnight on the printer... and much of the following day, in some
cases.

--S.