Ethernet cable (Was: Sun3 valuations?)

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 23 14:48:06 CST 2018

On 01/23/2018 01:39 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
> As can be seen in the photos, the 3Mb stuff (at least, the stuff we used)
> was also solid. The diameter of the center was a little smaller on the
> 3Mb than on the 10Mb; .16mm versus .23mm; not sure if that was just
> happenstance, or what.

That (and the OD) sounds like standard manufacturer to manufacturer
variation in different RG-8 grade cables that meet / fall within the
electrical / transmission / physical specifications of RG-8 cable.

I expect that the "yellow hosepipe" as I've heard the 10 Mbps coax
referred to as being a subset, possibly more stringent, of Radio Grade 8
coax cable.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die