Microvax II 'primer'?

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:46:18 CST 2018

On 01/21/2018 01:25 PM, Jules Richardson via cctalk wrote:

> So, I picked up (and I did just carry it into the house, and now I hurt) a
> Microvax II from another list member yesterday.

OK, the top PSU of the pair in this machine appears to be healthy. The
bottom one, however, sits at around 2.5V on both the +5V and +12V outputs.
That's without any cards, and the card-cage fan / temperature sensor
unplugged, i.e. just with my dummy loads in place, so it looks like that
PSU has issues (oh, and I tried decoupling the PSU from the backplane and
issue).

I expect it's fixable, but I'm unsure what the system may have done at the
point it originally failed, given that it was responsible for both the
card-cage fan and the temperature sensor - hopefully it didn't sit there
for hours with no card cooling, no overheat sensor, and with power applied
to [at least some of] the cards via the still-working PSU.

Jules