RK05 rear filters/brackets

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Jan 27 10:46:05 CST 2018

    > From: Fritz Mueller

    > My restored RK05 drives are missing their rear air filters (the ones that
    > cover the back of the card cage).

The formal DEC name is "prefilter" (since the air that comes in here goes
through the cards, and the air blower, and then through the absolute filter
on the way to the pack), and the metal thing that holds it on is the "frame".

    > I'd really appreciate a few photos so I can see what these looked like
    > and how they were put together?

Here you go:

  http://gunkies.org/wiki/RK05_disk_drive#Prefilter_frame

pictures and all the dimensions I could think of to measure. (I didn't bother
with the hole locations, since you can get them off the drive.) The little
hand-knob-bolts are DEC standard (used elsewhere too).

	Noel