MSV11-J engineering info

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:20:08 CDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>     >> I'll add the info to the MSV11-J page on the CHWiki, once I have it.
>
>     > Alas, it's down at the moment ... but once it's back, I'll get them
>     > right up.
>
> It's back, and I've added the chip info for the low 1MB bank:
>
>   http://gunkies.org/wiki/MSV11-J_QBUS_memory#Technical_information
>
> I'll do the other bank 'soon' (I first have to tweak my 'scope loop program,
> to turn on memory mapping, to get to the high bank). Here's my test rig, BTW:
>
>   http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/jpg/MSV11JTester.jpg
>
> Simple, but it did the job!
>
>         Noel

I don't see any chip info update at that #Technical_information page.
It currently says "This page was last modified on 26 December 2016, at
19:13"

What signal were you probing on the M8186 KDF11-A board?

If you run the XXDP VMJAB0 diagnostic and there are failures, does it
tell you which data bit and/or ECC bit positions have failures? I
suppose it must, otherwise there wouldn't have been much point in the
bit mapping exercise.