Anyone have a HALstation 300 install CD?

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Mon Jul 9 13:17:06 CDT 2018

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:21:28 -0700
Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I'm evaluating two that came in as a donation, and the donor didn't
> have any passwords

They are crackable (I did it for my two HAL's - a 350 and a 375). Hint:
Use Solaris running on SPARC.

I also created a forensic copy of the VIRGIN Halstation System Image for
the standard Micropolis 4221W system drive. I wouldn't feel comfortable
making this pubic domain w/o permission from whomever currently owns the
rights to HAL (Fujitsu, IIRC).

However, I would be willing make a copy of the forensic image available
to the CHM on the condition that it not be made public.

Lyle
--
73   NM6Y
Bickley Consulting West Inc.