GoTEK SFR1M44-U100...

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Jul 16 20:02:47 CDT 2018

On 07/16/2018 03:58 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> I am reminded of an episode of "Computer Bowl" (TV game show).  Nobody
> on Bill Gates' team could answer WHERE the write protect notch is on an
> 8 inch diskette!

Indeed, I couldn't even tell you.  I *do* know where the write *enable*
notch is, however.

I can't ever recall hearing anyone ever calling the plastic ring on
open-reel mag tape a "write-protect" ring.

I've sometimes wondered how many 5.25" diskettes got inadvertently
clobbered because of the reversal of the sense of the notch.

--Chuck