CoCo OS/9 was: TRS-80 floppy

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 03:39:38 CDT 2018

Depends on which OS/9. In recent years it has had a chequered history. But basically a boot disk.

> I have a Color Computer 2 (? 64k and non-chicklet keyboard)

That’s a bit limiting for OS/9. I think that limits you to OS/9 level 1.

> and have always
> wanted to get it working with a disk OS. What do I need? I see a reproduction
> floppy disk controller on ebay. I would rather skip that and go straight to
> some kind of sold state memory.

I would get a COCO SDC.

http://www.cocowares.com/item.php?nombre=CoCo%20SDC

you get two drives from an SD card, and two from DriveWire a host program you run on a PC.

> Suggestions or pointer to active groups?

Very active mail list.