how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

TeoZ teoz at neo.rr.com
Mon Jul 23 14:57:21 CDT 2018

What kind of media is it DVD+R or DVD-R?  I think DVD-R (Pioneer) came first
and all the original DVD burners support it and it is the most reliable if
you are making movies for older DVD players. DVD+R is a Sony and Phillips
design and the recording format is different.

The last generation of DVD recorders is +/- but anything IDE would probably
be DVD-R only and might have issues reading + disks.