HP-2116 front panel lamps

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jul 25 08:47:48 CDT 2018

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, it was written
> Christian, when I was restoring the HP Computer Museum's 2116A I ordered a
> bunch of these 345 bulbs from 1000bulbs.com - but it seems they no longer
> stock them.
>
> I did find this listing though which looks current...
> https://www.lighting-pros.com/eiko-345-t-1-3-4-midget-flanged-sx6s-case-of-1
> 0
>
> They are around 0.04A current draw - not 0.75A!

Yes, the Installation and Maintenance Manual on bitsavers
(02116-9153_2116B_Vol2_Oct70.pdf) contains several errors.
Interesting enough, my printed copy of this manual from 1968 (that is
completely different from the 1970 one; it only has parts lists and
schematics, the chapters for installation and maintenance are simply not
there) is right: 2140-0035  6.3V 0.04A

In the meantime I've ordered a bunch of JKL 345 from Mouser (60 Ecent/piece)
:-)

Christian