how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

Alexander Schreiber als at thangorodrim.ch
Fri Jul 27 05:09:52 CDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 04:28:54PM -0700, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 07/25/2018 02:56 PM, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
>
> > Of course there are. Since both SD cards and µSD cards have identical
> > electrical and protocol interfaces, those adapters are just passive pieces
> > of plastic and wires. In fact, a lot of µSD cards sold these days come
> > packaged with a µSD to SD card adapter.
>
> Again, I've been misunderstood.  I'm looking for an adapter that allows
> one to use standard size SD cards in a MicroSD slot.

Ah, sorry.

> I can find only one incarnation of this idea in a rather shoddy-locking
> hunk of F44 PCB with a uSD socket mounted on it.
>
> If someone knows of a slicker, better-designed adapter, I'd like to see it.

I'm not very optimistic here, given that the µSD card end of such an
adapter is going to be quite mechanically weak due to size and thickness
constraints. It would just be something that waits for a gentle accidental
push to break it to pieces.

Kind regards,
            Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison